Sunday 11 August 2013

First steps

Hello everybody,


after having made hundreds of crochet beanies (starting off in 2009 as far as I remember) I wanted to trie out something new...and this was when I stumbled across Granny Square patterns for the first time.

After some research, I found the following pattern:



I found this pattern here:
 http://rubbelkatz.blogspot.co.at/2010/05/anleitung-granny-square-mit-herz.html
and picked up some yarn which my mother wanted to use for a knitted shirt.

And soon, it was clear that I would use this yarn for my crochet blanked.
And as you can see, my cat immediately fell in love with the first squares.



And this is what the first rows are looking like:

JFO: The orange/yellow/vanilla wool is from Lana Grossa Yarns

Lana Grossa Organico Print NO 106 100% cotton




I used a needle NO 5 for the whole piece.









Continuing on this blanket was quite difficult,
as my cat was constantly sleeping on it :-)




And this is the final result:

In addition, I framed the whole piece with wool from MYBOSHI







In order to make the blanket thicker, I sewed some lining fabric, which I also use for the inside of my beanies, on the back.




1 comment: